I decided to use the spelt flour in the sourdough bread lately. From dough to dough, I have added more and more of it. My last bread was a great success, so I think, it is a good idea to use this kind of flour for the baking. It has a delicious, nutty flavor and it’s a genetically unmodified grain. The dough rises very good, the structure of the bread is perfect and the taste is wonderful.
Recipe of spelt flour bread :
- white bread flour - 200 g
- white whole grain flour - 10 g
- spelt bread flour - 200 g.
- sourdough starter (from San Francisco) - 70 g
- water - 250 ml,
- salt - 2 tsp.
- nuts : flux, sunflower, - 20 g
Preparing the spelt flour dough:
- Add the starter, some water and flour to the breadmaker and mix, wait about 30 min.
- Add the rest, turn the machine with a pizza program, mix and knead by about 45 min., then turn it off and leave in the machine till the next day (about 8 hours).
- After 8 hours put the baking pan with the dough to the fridge and keep there next 8 - 10 hours
- After that time put the dough on the silicone baking tray, place in an oven and keep in warm (about 50 C) until rise twice.
- Turn the heat on to 220 C and bake 30 min.
- Make the temperature lower, about 180 C, take the bread out of the baking pan and place it on the oven grid..
Bake it next 30 min in temp 180 C and the spelt flour bread is ready. Cool on a grid and cut after 1 hour minimum.
Try the bread - it is wonderful.