The sourdough bread baking in the oven
baking is easy – please look –
Add the following ingredients :
– 150 g of the starter
– White bread flour (strong white bread flour) – 350 – 400g
– Strong wholemeal bread flour – 20g
– Wholegrain rye flour -15g
– Salt – 1tsp
– Water (clear, not chlorine water ) – 125 – 150 ml ( water amount – The hydration needed for dough storage will vary with to the type of flour you are using )
– Optional: nuts (sunflower, flax, sesame…), teaspoon of olive oil
– Mix all the ingredients with a spoon and cover with a lid.
– Wait 8 – 10 hours , keeping the dough at room temperature, allow it to rise.
After that time, check the dough –
– if it has rised rapidly – put the mixture to the fridge for 6 – 8 hours
– if it has rised just a little, leave it at room temperature for next 6 -8 hours.
VERY IMPORTANT – THE DOUGH SHOULD NOT FALL DOWN.
After – Place the dough on a baking pan, form a ball.
Wait 2 hours , keeping the dough at 50° C. allow to rise .
Preheat the oven to 220 ° C
Put the loaf into the oven and allow it to bake for 30 minutes with both upper and lower heating elements turned on.
Bake for another 30 minutes at a lower temperature (190/180 ° C ).
To check the bread after baking, knock the bottom of it or use a long, wooden stick.
Time is important, don’t try to accelerate this process.
Preparing and baking takes together 12 – 14 hours, or 20 – 24 hours , if you would place the dough in a fridge for 6 – 8 hours ( for a better taste and structure).